My photo
Believer, Lover, Leader, Follower, Writer, Singer, Wife, Mother, Mimi, Sister, Friend

Blessing Realized and Blessing in Disguise



Blessing Realized: This last Wednesday, my husband and I moved into an absolutely dream-come-true cottage. It's a small two bed room, one bathroom (yes, only one bathroom) older cottage, recently remodeled a bit. New carpet & flooring and paint; fireplace and wood stove; office and mudroom. Cute. Little. Tons of character. The best part? It's on a lake! 
View from my backyard

The balcony off of the living room overlooks the back yard which overlooks the lake.
Boathouse/Sauna/Changing Room
Balcony overlooking backyard
We have a boathouse that has been converted into a very rustic sauna & changing room and a dock for a boat and for jumping off and swimming.This is a wonderful sweet answer to many of my prayers. I have always wanted to live in a house on the water.


Blessing in Disguise: This last Saturday, my husband and I were part of an outreach team for our church's upcoming Easter service. We were walking through the neighborhoods near our church's location when I slipped on a wet, slimy wooden sidewalk and broke my ankle (yes, I broke it!). 
My broken ankle

We were only half way done with our outreach effort...My husband was leading the team...also, we had just moved into our new house and had lots of unpacking and settling in to do...

Getting my cast

The Lord has promised in His Word that He will use everything for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purposes (well, that's me!). 

Green, it's my favorite color!

Allow me to say that though I haven't discovered the blessing in this little circumstance just yet, I have been looking for it. I'll let you know as soon as I've found it! 



6 comments:

April Himes said...

What a blessing! A home on the water. God knew the desires of your heart. :) And I am certain your disguised blessing is about to be revealed as well. We found the hand of the Lord carrying us during the time Seth was out of commission and saw Him so fully in our lives that our lives will never be the same. We serve an awesome God and I can't wait to see what blessings you realize! :)

Lori said...

Thanks April. I am learning how to sit still and let my husband serve me. So challenging! I'm used to serving...

Robin Bailey said...

Your new home looks perfect! What an amazing place to call home. You know, it looks like the PERFECT author house which is appropriate because an amazing author lives there! I pray your foot is healing in a miraculous way! Casts..... not fun. Love you Lori and maybe Joyful Writers will have to gather at your lake and jump in this summer! :)

Lori said...

Yeah, I totally feel like it's the perfect author house!
I can't wait to have Joyful Writers meet at my house for food, fun fellowship and of course a jump in the lake!
I love you too, Robin.

Freedomtrain Ministries said...

Wow - beautiful cuddly place for you, your man and the Lord. Looks like heaven on earth. Time always reveals the purposes of God. Look forward to hearing about all the many blessings.

Lori said...

Good word, Marilyn. "Time always reveals the purposes of God..." That's a good one, worth thinking about.
Love you!