My photo
Believer, Lover, Leader, Follower, Writer, Singer, Wife, Mother, Mimi, Sister, Friend

May the words of my mouth...

Words satisfy the soul as food satisfies the stomach; the right words on a person's lips bring satisfaction. Those who love to talk will experience the consequences, for the tongue can kill or nourish life.--Proverbs 18:20-21 NLT

Oh boy...well, I usually try to be careful of how I talk. I don't ever want to say anything that could hurt someones feelings. I really do try to say whatever I feel needs to be said in the kindest way I can without diluting the truth of it so that it becomes unrecognizable and ends up being of no benefit to anyone.  But in light of Proverbs 18:20-21, my new prayer is that my words; whether whispered in prayer or chattered among friends or given as instruction to a student, or spoken between me and my husband or my kids will be satisfying like food and, since I DO love to talk, be words that absolutely NOURISH LIFE!!! 

1 comment:

marlece said...

amen, words bring life or death, we have a choice to make every time we open it.