My photo
Believer, Lover, Leader, Follower, Writer, Singer, Wife, Mother, Mimi, Sister, Friend

Steady in Trying Times

Sometimes life on Earth can be crazy, busy, fast, and frustrating. If Jesus were not my center, I think I would go flying off into outer space. Gravity alone could not hold me to this world.

If my focus were on circumstances--what's going on in my family, my city, state, country, global nations--I would climb and plummet moment to moment, never being sure of anything. But with Jesus, there is stability.

God says about Himself in Malachi 3:6a "For I, the LORD, do not change..."

James 1:17b "...the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Numbers 23:19 "God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?"

Psalm 102:27 "But you remain the same, and your years will never end."

Today, I am thankful that God made Himself available to me in Jesus. I am thankful that God's word is Truth. I am so thankful that God is real. I am thankful that everything physical is not everything. I am most thankful for God's unfailing, never changing, immeasurable love.






1 comment:

marlece said...

Amen sister....we must have a date to speak of these things. I love you!