My photo
Believer, Lover, Leader, Follower, Writer, Singer, Wife, Mother, Mimi, Sister, Friend

I have a great teacher!

( excerpts from The Message)
Proverbs 3: "Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own.
Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he's the one who will keep you on track. Don't assume that you know it all. 
Run to God! Run from evil! Your body will glow with health, your very bones will vibrate with life!"

And, "Dear friend, guard Clear Thinking and Common Sense with your life; don't for a minute lose sight of them. They'll keep your soul alive and well, they'll keep you fit and attractive.
You'll travel safely, you'll neither tire nor trip.
You'll take afternoon naps without a worry, you'll enjoy a good night's sleep.
No need to panic over alarms or surprises, or predictions that doomsday's just around the corner,
Because God will be right there with you; he'll keep you safe and sound."

For this new year, 2011, the Lord is highlighting places in His word for me that speak to health, both physical and spiritual; how to get it, how to keep it...

He loves me and is using His word to instruct me. May He find me a willing and attentive student. May I learn all that He has for me as I set myself to know Him, submitting to His ways more and more each day as He reveals treasures of knowledge and wisdom. I love Him. I need Him. I belong to Him.


4 comments:

marlece said...

amen sister, this is the only words we need right? It works for any counselor we may need or physical trainer that we may need. He is it!

Lori said...

Amen to YOU, too, sister. That's the truth. He's all we need and He's got all we need. And I'm so glad He's given me you for a friend. See you tomorrow morning!

April Himes said...

May He find us all willing and attentive, and then bold and courageous! Good words Lori.

Lori said...

Thanks April. I am looking forward to getting together again on Wednesday!!!!!