My photo
Believer, Lover, Leader, Follower, Writer, Singer, Wife, Mother, Mimi, Sister, Friend

Peace without Justice?

I subscribe to a blog by Rabbi Daniel Lapin called Thought Tools. In today's blog, he wrote, "Sometimes the only avenue to real peace leads through the pain of conflict because peace without justice is no peace. It is merely a temporary cease-fire." I think that is such a profound statement.  I think of the peace I have in my life. Is it real peace or a temporary cease-fire? Am I able to find peace when I am on an avenue of painful conflict? I have two answers: 1) YES, when the conflict is between me and someone I love (who also loves me) and we walk together before the Lord in honest humility, it leads us to justice which leads to resolution--repentance and restoration. We both come to peace; and 2)YES, when the conflict is between me and someone I love (who also loves me) only I am alone in the walk (because for whatever reason, the other person does not join me). In this case, each of us have to find our own way back to peace. As for me, I put my hand in Jesus' hand and walk through it with Him. He becomes my justice. He reveals the resolution...if repentance is required of me, I obey. And He becomes again my peace and I am restored as I am covered over again in His presence. (and I pray for the same thing for the other person...)

1 comment:

marlece said...

YOU ARE BACK, and love that you are!!! This was a great post Lori. It is comforting that Jesus is our Justice....He is the Almighty Judge, we don't have to defend ourselves or make a case for ourselves He takes care of it all. I love this and love you, you know I do!