My photo
Believer, Lover, Leader, Follower, Writer, Singer, Wife, Mother, Mimi, Sister, Friend

Things Look Different

I think you could ask three people who all saw the same thing to describe what they saw and they'd all tell you something different.  The basics of the event would probably be the same, but the details would be different, unique to the individual...After all, what they saw would depend on how tall they were--how much they could or couldn't actually see; how old they were--a person's age influences their ability to interpret and then communicate what they've seen; and also, how closely they were involved in what it was that happened--if 'it' happened to them, they will retell the events significantly differently than the person who was standing nearby or who was napping on a porch swing down the street.  Right? Well, that's the kind of stuff I think I'll write about here.  Different views...for example, I wonder if the people who lived in the house that Jesus & the disciples had their last supper in had kids...If they did, I wonder what it was like for those kids to have Jesus in their house.  What did they think, how did their parents walk them through the events that followed in the next few days?  Jesus was arrested and crucified...and then rose again three days later...What did the kids think? How did they process that?  I think I'll talk more about that with my next blog.

3 comments:

marlece said...

LORI, great start........l-o-v-e! You are going to bless the sock off of not only ME but anyone else who's eyes fall on this blog. Here is your gifting beginning to work for us allllll to see and witness...can't wait to read more.

tamra lee said...

great blog, Lori =) I think you will have loads to share with everyone...keep up the good blogging!

marlece said...

ok, waiting for the next........where are you? Could it be that you are busy with a birthday or something?